The DNA of My Brazilian Friend

When I don't make maps I analyse DNA. That is at least one of my hobbies. I do this by analysing raw DNA data from third parties (usually MyHeritage) with DNA analysing algorithms supplied by the free service Genesis GED Match. My Brazilian friend told me about how his DNA results from MyHeritage were disappointing, assigning him Eastern European DNA when he knew for a fact his family history to be Native American. MyHeritage and other popular DNA testing companies often do not take into account non-european heritage into their estimates, or they do not do it very well, by using many algorithms you can get a much better estimate of someone's heritage. While these tests are never completely accurate since people are not bound to any geographical place, I believe this estimate based on at least 10 algorithms to be pretty good.

Higher quality: https://i.redd.it/4721ucbat1z21.jpg

Comments